Wednesday, 30 September 2015
My plans didn't quite work as envisioned. My boys were wound up today. They just couldn't seem to focus which caused me to get a bit frustrated. What did I do to trigger their behavior? I think the lesson was too loose. When I turned on the ELMO and students began copying work as I worked with them, things were calm. Calm is not always good. Sometimes calm is just compliant. Wound up means there's energy. I need to figure out how to funnel the energy.
The popsicle sticks worked. I should say, they forced me to call on different students to make sure I included more than the eager. Have you ever noticed that even if you call on students who don't raise their hands, you still have to go back to the eager, hand-raising few? The others are processing, lost or too shy to respond. Hmmmm.....
No comments:
Post a Comment